Skip to main content

A Hug in the Middle Brownie Bites!



I came up with this recipe yesterday. I was in the mood for something sweet and chocolaty. I am pretty proud of how this turned out. My whole family DEVOURED them.. I went to grab one an hour after I made them and the whole plate was gone.



Yummy chewy brownie on the outside, and delicious melted Hershey hug in the middle.







Yes I know .. it isn't the "cleanest" job I have ever done.. sorry



This should make 24 if you are using your average mini muffin tin.
Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 24 Hersheys hugs
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Mix all ingredients except for Hersheys hugs together. Mix until very well incorporated. (I know this probably isn't the proper way.,. sorry)
  3. Grease your mini muffin tin
  4. Fill each spot up almost to the top with your brownie mix. I put the brownie mix in a large ziplock bag and then cut the corner off to squeeze it in. It made it much easier to get the proportions right. I originally put too much in each section.. so be careful to not over fill them.
  5. Then simply place a Hersheys hug on top! As these bake them will "swallow" up the hug so it ends up in the middle.. hence the name of this recipe
  6. Bake for 18-20 minutes in the center of your oven. Let them cool completely before you take them out of the muffin tin. This was another huge mistake I made the first time. They will split in half if you try to pull them out too early. But once they are cool... enjoy the chocolaty awesomeness!
ENJOY!


Comments

  1. Yummm! I have sooo got to make these for my grandma. She loves hugs, they're her absolute favorite. Keep the recipes coming, Miss Cami!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...