Skip to main content

Individual Apple Pie



This is a super simple way to make individual apple pies. They are flakey and soft with a delicious apple pie filling!


First you will want to peel and chop up 3 apples. I used Gala apples but I think it would be just as good, if not better with Granny Smith apples.
Then you will want to mix in some nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and flour.


Then you are going to want to open up a can of flaky biscuit dough. I got the jumbo ones, so there were 8 in each can. You are going to want to split those in half , it should peel apart pretty easily if they are still cold. Flatten one of the halfs and then put some of the apple mixture in the middle.


Flatten out the other half of the dough and place it over the top, use a fork to press the sides down and together.


Then you are going to take some unsalted butter and smear it over the top of your pies. Then sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar mixture over top.


Bake them in the oven at 350° for 15 minutes!


Now you have some delicious apple pies! Enjoy!


Ingredients:

  • 3 apples (peeled and chopped)
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 Tbsp flour
  • 2 cans of jumbo flaky biscuit dough (each can should have 8 rolls)
  • ish 2 Tbsp room temperature unsalted butter (important that it is unsalted.. otherwise the tops of the pies will taste salty.. trust me I know from the first time I made them)
  • A little extra cinnamon and sugar for the mixture to sprinkle on top.
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°
  2. Peel, remove the core, and chop up your apples and throw them in a bowl. Add the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour in with the apples and mix it all together
  3. Open up your can of dough. Don't have a heart attack when it pops and scares the ever living day lights out of you. Peel them in half, this should be pretty easy if they are cold. Flatten out one half and put it on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Put a spoonful of the apple mixture in the center of the dough, about a Tablespoon and a half ish. Flatten out the other side of the dough and place it over the dough with the apple mixture. Use a fork to press and seal the edges down. Then you will want to take a knife ad poke a few holes at the top so it can vent. 
  4. Once you have 6 pies on your baking sheet, or however many you can fit, rub a little of the room temperature unsalted butter on top of the pies. Then sprinkle some of  your cinnamon sugar mixture over the tops of the pies.
  5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown! Its best to remove them from the baking sheet while they are still warm otherwise they will stick due to the sugary mixture leaking out during cooking.
This will make 16 servings if you get the cans of dough that have 8 in them. Some have more depending on the size.

ENJOY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...