Skip to main content

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Today was one of those days where I just felt like I needed a freakin' chocolate chip cookie. After doing a bunch of research on what makes the best chocolate chip cookie.. and seeing about a million recipes... I came up with this deliciousness. They were getting eaten as I was setting them out to cool, I doubt there will be any left for me by the time I am done typing this. So I am going to hurry and get to the good stuff!

Ingredients:

  • ½ cup cold butter cut up and cubed
  • ¼ cup room temperature butter
  • ¾ cup lightly packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 ½ tsp corn starch 
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips
Instructions:
1. First you will want to take your cubed cold butter, room temperature butter, egg, extra egg yolk, and granulated sugar and mix it together for a bit until the chunks of cold butter start to get smaller and smaller. Once the chunks are about the size of half a pea you will want to add your brown sugar. Mix it at high speed for about 5 or so minutes until it begins to look  nice and creamy.












2. Next you will want to throw your flour, baking soda, corn starch, and salt into a bowl and mix it together. Once you have done that you will want to slowly add it to your mixture of creamy butter and sugar. Mix it until it clumps together. Once it is mixed together you will want to mix in your cup of chocolate chips. I like to do this by hand with a spoon so it gets mixed more evenly and doesn't bump the chips up against the bowl.











By this point your delicious cookie dough should look like this! And yes.. I was having a very hard time not eating all of it out of the bowl...















3. Place your balls of cookie dough on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes.















4. When you pull them out of the oven they should look all puffed up like this and barely golden brown on the top. Let them cool for maybe a minute, and then place them on a cooling rack.














now... ENJOY! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...