Skip to main content

Spicy Thai Noodles



I came up with this recipe quite a while ago and it has been tried and tested many times. It is a favorite in my house, and in the houses of a few of my friends and family. 

I had found a recipe for Thai noodles on Pinterest and it was horrible. It was flooded in oil, and was super bland. But it gave me an idea for what kind of flavors WOULD be good in it. So this is what I came up with! Be warned its a little spicy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 box of angel  hair pasta
  • 2 Tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 6 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 6 Tbsp honey
  • 1-2 chopped green onions
  • 1 Tbsp chopped peanuts
  • 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
Instructions:
  1. Get some water boiling and cook your pasta
  2. put your oil and red pepper flakes in a small sauce pan and cook on med-low for about 5 minutes. Be careful to not burn the oil. Once its done cooking and getting all nice and spicy you will want to strain out the red pepper flakes and put the, now spicy, oil in a bowl. Set aside
  3. Whisk together your soy sauce and honey and add it to your oil. Once added whisk it until well incorporated.
  4. Now you are going to want to chop up your green onions, and peanuts. Set aside.
  5. Once your  pasta is done cooking.. strain it and set it in a bowl for mixing. Add your yummy oil, honey, soy sauce mixture to the pasta and mix well.
  6. Serve your pasta and top with your chopped peanuts, green onion, and sesame seeds! This can be served either hot or cold.. its good either way ☺.

ENJOY! Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...