Skip to main content

Cheesy & Spicy Grilled Cajun Chicken


This is the recipe for the super yummy cajun chicken that I had with the roasted mashed potatoes. This chicken is nice and spicy, but is toned down a little with the cheese on top.

So.. lets get down to business!

Makes about 5 servings if each person has 2 pieces of chicken (yes yes I know in the picture there are 4 pieces on the plate.. I didn't finish it all because I was stuffed like a turkey)







Ingredients:

  • 10 thawed out chicken tenderloins
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Instructions:
  1. Take your thawed out chicken and place it in a bowl. Add your olive oil, Cajun seasoning, and salt to the bowl and toss/mix (whateva) until the chicken is nicely coated with the seasonings.
  2. Now cook on the grill... Everyone has their different techniques to using the grill. I just spray mine with a little non stick spray and cook them until they are done. I like to use a meat thermometer to check them so I don't have to constantly be cutting into them. I would say it took about 5-7 minutes for mine to be completely cooked (about 3 minutes on each side). But each grill is different, so make sure you check them often to make sure they are not over or under cooked.
  3. Once they are almost done, you will want to sprinkle a little of your cheese on top. Close the top of the grill so the cheese gets melty nice and fast.
  4. Let them rest for a couple minutes and then serve with whatever you would like! Mine were really good with roasted mashed potatoes and sweet corn. Recipe for the mashed potatoes can be found here http://cookingforthemonster.blogspot.com/2013/08/super-amazing-roasted-mashed-potatoes.html
ENJOY! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...