Skip to main content

Baked Tilapia



Today while out at my local Harmons, a local grocery store, I found some amazing looking fresh Tilapia. So I bought a couple filets and asked the butcher what kind of seasoning he would suggest putting on it. 
He walked me down to the spice isle and pointed to as he called it, "the worlds best seasoning" also known as Spade L Ranch beef seasoning. He said that even though its labeled as a "beef" seasoning.. he puts it on everything, including fish. So I bought it and tried it out.. and holy crap.. its amazing. From what I found out it looks like its only available in some states, mostly western and central.. which is unfortunate, because its great. And as hard as I have tried to find a copy cat recipe for the seasoning.. I could not. However, do be aware, for those of you who are allergic.. like my poor mamma, that is does have MSG (Monosodium Glutamate), in it. But, think spicy and sweet and smokey and very very flavorful.. I know this helps.. sorry.

Anyways, this post isn't only about the amazing seasoning.. but the way it was cooked and how amazing it turned out. Honestly, Tilapia is kind of a blank slate.. so whatever kind of seasoning you put on it would probably be good. 

Ingredients & items needed:
  • cast iron skillet
  • cooking spray
  • 2 tilapia fillets
  • Spade L Ranch beef seasoning
  • butter
Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 375° 

Generously spray your cast iron skillet with your cooking spray.

Rub down your tilapia fillets with your seasoning.



Place the tilapia fillets on your cast iron skillet.



Place a slice of butter (little less than a Tbsp.) on top of your fillets.



Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes with fork.



Serve with rice or whateva!



Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...