Skip to main content

Crock-pot Liner.. or should I say.. my hero!!!



I recently discovered the crock-pot liner! And can I just say that I don't know how I have gone so long without knowing about these! They save hours of soaking, and cleaning time! I have tried out several different recipes with these now. The only times that they seem to leak at all is if you use a metal utensil to stir and you scrape the bottom too hard. Other than that the only "liquid" you get on the crock-pot itself, is the moisture from the condensation once you are done cooking. I don't think I will ever use my crock-pot again without using one of these.

Another huge plus to these is that they are super cheap. I got a box of 5 at Walmart for under $1!!! I would highly suggest using these if you like to use your crock-pot a lot (ha.. that rhymed). Especially with how many recipes there are for slow cookers right now on Pinterest and what not.

(update 8-25-13)

I just wanted to show a quick picture of the mess these wonderful babies clean up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...