Skip to main content

Super Simple Chicken Enchiladas

Super Simple Chicken Enchiladas



The other night I was looking around the kitchen and the pantry to see what I had available, It had been a while since I went grocery shopping for a full blown put together meal. So.. I came up with this! I guess it would be kind of like a chicken enchilada thing. So.. here is the recipe :D
Super Simple Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of chicken (shredded once cooked)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 4 tortillas
  • 1 bottle hot taco bell sauce (found it at Walmart, but you could probably even just use a bunch of their packets if you wanted to take the time)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • water (for taco seasoning.. whatever it says on the packet)
Instructions:
  1. Cut up your chicken into cubes and cook in a nonstick skillet. Add the taco seasoning and as much water as the packet says you need. As the chicken is cooking try to separate it as much as you can so you can “shred" it or even just break it up in to smaller pieces. 
  2. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray. Pour a 1/4 of your taco bell hot sauce on the bottom of a baking pan and spread it around evenly.
  3. Take your tortillas and lay them over the sauce one at a time and spoon in your chicken mixture. Fold over tortilla and fill in another one. My baking pan fit 4 tortillas.. but I was using a weird tinfoil kind of pan that is disposable and it was a little smaller.. so you might be able to fit more.
  4. Once all of your tortillas are filled up and rolled over, pour on the rest of your hot sauce and try to cover as much of the tortillas as you can. Once you are done doing that sprinkle with your cheese. And of course you can use more cheese if you want it more cheese.. I only had a cup.. I might have used more.. I love cheese.
  5. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. 
ENJOY! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...