Skip to main content

Sneaky Veggie Carrot Muffins

Delicious Carrot Muffins!



Dry ingredients for the muffins

Whisking together the glaze

Muffins before the glaze is added

mmmmmmmmm *drool*

So yummy!


Vincent loves to eat these

Today I decided to make some carrot muffins for my little man to see if he would eat them.. and he did! now granted.. they do have sugar and butter in them.. but there are carrots in them too! :D .. so maybe not so sneaky.. but kinda.. anyways.. here is the recipe
Ingredients for muffin:
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup butter (room temp)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour 
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 cup milk
Ingredients for glaze:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 3 tbs butter (melted)
  • about 1-2 Tbsp of milk (you may need more)
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Spray or grease and flour a muffin tin
  3. In a stand up mixer mix together sugar, butter, eggs, and shredded carrot until well incorporated.
  4. Sift together flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. At a about a cup at a time add the dry ingredients and a little of your milk. Do this back and forth until all your dry ingredients and milk are all mixed in with the previous mix.
  5. This recipe makes 12 muffins, so spoon in the batter into a 12 serving regular sized muffin tin.
  6. If you want take a little extra of your cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle some cinnamon-sugar mix on top of your muffins, as well as a few rolled oats.
  7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
  8. Once done set on a wire rack to cool.
Instructions for glaze:
  1. in a bowl add your cup of powdered sugar, your melted butter, and your vanilla extract and whisk together until smooth. Pretty straight forward :)
  2. Once your muffins have cooled off a bit take your whisk, or a spoon or whatever.. and flip the glaze around on your muffins! (that was the best way I could think of to describe how I did it.. I made a mess)
ENJOY! I loved them.. AND my son loved them and he got a serving of veggies! YAY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...