Skip to main content

Pico De Gallo



As many of you know I am on a diet.. so that means more veggies and less fried stuff. Tonight I made some spicy chicken fajitas with some pico de gallo. It was my first time making this and I must say it turned out flippin awesome. I think at some point I am going to alter this recipe a little and make it into some salsa. My husband stole the rest of it and has been eating it on chips.

Anyways.. enough talk.. lets get to the recipe ☺

The entire recipe is only 180 calories!
Ingredients:

  • 4 roma tomatoes (about 120 calories)
  • 1/2 red onion (about 25 calories)
  • 1 jalapeno (about 5 calories)
  • Juice of one lime (about 10 calories)
  • 1 tsp minced garlic (about 20 calories)
  • 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped finely
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Seed your tomatoes as best you can and chop them up.. add to a bowl.
  2. Finely dice up an onion.. add to bowl.
  3. Seed and very finely dice up your jalapeno.. add to bowl.
  4. Add your minced garlic (I get mine from a jar.. its easier).
  5. Finely chop up your cilantro.. add it to your bowl.
  6. Roll out a lime to loosen up the juices, cut it in half and squeeze all the juice you can in the bowl.
  7. Add as much salt or pepper you would like. I like my stuff spicy and salty... so I added a fair amount of both.. but make sure you taste it to get it where you like. 
ENJOY! This was great on fajitas, chips, and just by the spoon!

Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...