Skip to main content

Poppy Seed Pancakes with Blueberry Topping


This morning I woke up and decided I wanted some pancakes. But not just normal pancakes.. I wanted fancy pancakes. I have been sick so I wanted something extra flavory ☺. These pancakes turned out amazing and really didn't take that much longer to make than a regular pancake.

Now.. lets get to the good stuff!!! ☺

My son LOVE LOVE LOVES to help me cook.. he is such a cutie! ♥

Ingredients for pancake:
  • 4 cups of all purpose flour
  • 8 tsp baking powder (or about 2.6 Tbsp)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 ½ cups milk
  • 2 ¼ tsp almond extract
  • 3 ½ tsp poppy seeds
Ingredients for blueberry sauce:
  • 4 cups of blueberries 
  • 1 cup sugar
Instructions:
  1. Before you start mixing up your pancake mix.. put your blueberries and sugar in a sauce pan and cook on med heat until it gets really bubbly. Then turn it down to about med-low to low heat and let it simmer while you are making your pancakes. I would say let it cook for about 15 minutes before you take it off the heat.
  2. Now, mix all your ingredients together for your pancake until well incorporated.
  3. I cooked mine on a pan at med to med-low heat for about 1.5 minutes or less on each side. You want to see a few bubbles on the surface before you flip your pancake. These puff up to be pretty thick so a good way to check and make sure if its cooked through to the middle is to place your spatula flat on the surface and kinda wiggle it back and forth. If it feels like the inside is still a little jiggly then it needs a little longer.
  4. Once your pancakes are all done and your blueberry sauce is done.. plate it up! I put some butter on my pancakes before I put the blueberries on. It made it super extra epic ☺
ENJOY! Thanks for reading!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...