Skip to main content

Homemade Flour Tortilla Chips


One thing you should know about my family is that we LOVE chips and salsa... especially my  husband. So, today while I was out at the store.. I forgot to buy more tortilla chips *sigh*. Instead of making another trip out to the store I figured I would try and make some homemade chips since I had extra tortillas laying around from when I made fajitas. 

All the stuff you need!

Lay them out on a baking sheet

Spray each side of the tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

This is what they turn out like if you cook them at too high of a temperature

This is how they look when you cook them at the RIGHT temperature

Delicious bowl of chips!

These turned out SO yummy. They were definitely different than a corn tortilla chip.. but they were light and crunchy and oh so delicious. Also.. they were extremely easy to make. Instead of all this nonsense lets just get to the good stuff!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pack of tortillas
  • cooking spray
  • salt
  • pepper if you want
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°. If you try a higher temp.. they will burn quick.. trust me.. I tried.
  2. Cut up your tortillas with a big knife. Some people cut them into 4s I cut mine into 6 or 7s.. all depends on what you want to do.
  3. Lay them out on a baking sheet. 
  4. Spray them with cooking spray and salt and pepper them. Flip them over and spray again and salt and pepper.
  5. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. They honestly don't need any longer than that. I think if you wanted to do it for 6 minutes they would be a little extra brown. 
  6. Serve with salsa or whatever dip you would like.. or nothing at all! 
ENJOY! 
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...