Skip to main content

Low Calorie Spicy Shrimp Fajitas

As a woman who has dieted many times, and is currently on a diet, I find that eating super flavorful foods help with not feeling like your missing out. I also feel like anything kinda spicy helps me feel like I don't need to eat as much.. which is good at the beginning of a diet when  you are trying to shrink your stomach.



Tonight I made these Spicy Shrimp Fajitas with some fresh homemade Pico De Gallo, Recipe for the Pico De Gallo I made can be found here: http://cookingforthemonster.blogspot.com/2013/09/pico-de-gallo.html.

AMAZING Pico De Gallo

I found some flour tortillas at the store today that were only 80 calories.. which is awesome because in using those It was only 187 calories for one fajita. I ate two.. but still only 374 calories for a meal.. that's really really not bad.



Anyways lets get to the recipe for the shrimp

Entire recipe for shrimp is 435 calories. Makes about 5 servings (87 calories per serving)
Ingredients:

  • 1 12oz. bag of frozen mini shrimp (about 420 calories for whole bag)
  • ½ tsp cayenne 
  • ½ tsp smoked paprika
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp onion powder
  • ½ tsp minced garlic (about 5 calories)
  • Juice of 1 lime (about 10 calories)
Instructions
  1. Add the frozen shrimp to a skillet and bring heat to high.
  2. Add all your spices, garlic, and lime juice.
  3. Once the shrimp start getting thawed out its probably going to add a lot of liquid to your skillet and you might get worried.. but its ok. Just let it all cook off and make sure to start stirring your shrimp to make sure they don't stick to the bottom of your pan.
  4. Once all or most of the liquid is cooked off, remove from heat and serve with your fajitas!
  5. Like I said before, I used some 80 calorie tortillas that I found at Walmart. I used those tortillas, one serving of shrimp, and a couple spoon fulls of the pico de gallo. Wrap it all up and enjoy! 1 fajita is only 187 calories.. so feel free to enjoy!


ENJOY! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...