Skip to main content

Baked Sweet Potato Fries



I make these all the time for my family.. and they are super yummy. I like to make these because they are a lot healthier than your average french fry. They are baked and not fried.. which makes a huge difference. These are delicious with hamburgers or hot dogs or any yummy summer food. Now. they might not be quite as "crispy" or whatever as a fried french fry.. but they are so much better.

Lets get to the good stuff!

Makes 2-3 servings (add an extra medium potato for each serving)
Ingredients:

  • 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut in to long strips
  • about 2 Tbsp olive oil for coating 
  • salt 
  • pepper
  • smoked paprika 
  • (optional) if you don't have smoked paprika I have also just used seasoning salt on them as their only seasoning.. and they are very good this way too. If you do this don't add any extra salt and pepper
Instructions:
  1. Peel your sweet potatoes and cut them into long strips, I would say no thicker than about 3/4 of an inch.
  2. Place your strips in a bowl and add your olive oil and seasonings. Toss until everything is coated nicely.
  3. Now you are going to want to place these on a baking pan or sheet, whatever works. I like to spray mine with a little cooking spray so they are guaranteed to not stick.
  4. Cook them in the oven at 450° for 15 minutes and then flip them over and bake for another 10 minutes.
  5. Let them cool for about 5 or so minutes before serving and then enjoy!
I hope you like these as much as everyone at my house does!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...