Skip to main content

Delicious Japanese Chicken Curry


So.. my family has not been feeling too great the past few days. We are already getting colds and Summer isn't even over yet *joy*. Anyways.. curry is just one of those comfort foods that makes me feel better. Its warm and just insanely delicious. I felt like we all needed a little comfort with our throats hurting and our noses being stuffed up. This meal is also delicious when you are not sick obviously ☺.

Put 1-2 Tablespoons of canola or vegetable oil in a pot. Then chop up your onions and add them.

Chop up your baby carrots (I cut them into 3rds) and add them to the pot.

Peel, rinse, and chop up your potatoes and add them to the pot.

Then you are going to want to cube up your chicken and add it. I also added a little salt and pepper at this point as well as about a cup of water. Once you add the water put a lid on it to help everything cook and get all nice and tender.

This is what Golden Curry looks like. I bought mine at Walmart, you can get it in the Asian food section by the soy sauce and noodle stuff.

This is what the golden curry looks like out of the box. Its really easy to break up, so break it up ☺

Add it right to your pot as well as a little water.

Mix it well and if needed add more water so its not too thick. You want there to be a little saucyness to it so it mixes well with your rice.. but its also a preference thing.

Seriously.. if you don't have a rice cooker.. get one.. they are worth every penny. I use mine at least once or twice a week.
ENJOY!


Now.. enough with the nonsense.. lets get to cookin!

Serves about 4
Ingredients:

  • 5-6 chicken breast tenderloins (or 3-4 average sized chicken breasts)
  • about half a pound of baby carrots (I used a little under)
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 onion
  • 1 box of Golden Curry
  • olive oil
  • water
  • salt and pepper to taste (I think I used about a tsp of each)
  • cooked rice
Instructions:
  1. First off you are going to want to cut up your onion in to slices and add it to a pot with about 1-2 Tbsp of canola or vegetable oil. Also as you are adding your ingredients you are going to want to stir it occasionally so that none of the veggies or chicken stick to the bottom of the pan. If you need to add a little water.
  2. Chop up your baby carrots in to 3rds and add it to the onions.
  3. Peel, rinse, and chop up your potatoes and add it to the mix.
  4. Cube up your chicken and add it to the mix. 
  5. At this point you are going to want to add about a cup of water and put the lid on your pot. Let everything cook until the chicken is done and the carrots and potatoes are tender. I test mine with a fork. 
  6. Once everything is ready add your curry cubes (the whole pack) and mix well. You will probably need to add water so it isn't too thick. To be honest I think by the time I was done cooking this I had added about 3 or more cups of water from the time I started cooking.. until the time I finished. But it may be more or less depending on how hot you have your stove. Mine seemed to work best right around Medium heat. Anyways, make sure its not liquidy but not too thick so that it wont soak into the rice a little bit when you serve it.
  7. Serve over top of rice and enjoy!
This is a favorite at my house! I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hug in the Middle Brownie Bites!

I came up with this recipe yesterday. I was in the mood for something sweet and chocolaty. I am pretty proud of how this turned out. My whole family DEVOURED them.. I went to grab one an hour after I made them and the whole plate was gone. Yummy chewy brownie on the outside, and delicious melted Hershey hug in the middle. Yes I know .. it isn't the "cleanest" job I have ever done.. sorry This should make 24 if you are using your average mini muffin tin. Ingredients: 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1 cup white sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 eggs 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt 24 Hersheys hugs Instructions: Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all ingredients except for Hersheys hugs together. Mix until very well incorporated. (I know this probably isn't the proper way.,. sorry) Grease your mini muffin tin Fill each spot up almost to the top with your brownie mix. I put

Mama's Chicken Pasta Salad

Mama's Chicken Pasta Salad... seriously the best chicken pasta salad EVER! mmmmmm *drool* I just ate 2 plates of this Sweet and crunchy red bell pepper moist chicken yummy black olives who doesn't like pasta? mayo and sour cream to make it thick and delicious shredded sharp cheddar for a good bite peas for a sweet pop of flavor seasoned to perfection!  mix it mix it mix it all up This is perfect for when the weather is hot and you need something nice to cool you down. This is also the perfect type of thing to bring to a pot-luck. Everyone loves this dish. Ingredients: 1 red bell pepper chopped up 3 medium sized chicken breasts cubed  1/2 can of jumbo black olives sliced up 1/2 pound (half regular sized box) bow-tie pasta 8 oz. sour cream  3/4 cup mayonnaise 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar 1/2 cup to 1 cup frozen peas (depends on how much you like peas.. I usually end up somewhere in the middle. I honestly just dump

Low Calorie Chicken Avocado Salad Lettuce Wrap 200 calories!

So I have been dieting again... We are going on a cruise in November.. and I want to look as awesome as possible. So I have been browsing Pinterest and the rest of the internet trying to find interesting things to eat that aren't high in calories. I happened to find a picture of an avocado chicken salad in a lettuce wrap... and it sounded so good I went to click on the link on Pinterest.. and just my luck.. the link was dead. So I went out to the store and bought some stuff that I thought would taste good together to make it myself. And oh boy did it taste good!!! Okay.. so here is how you make this deliciousness :D Makes 4 servings: only 200 calories for one! Ingredients: -3 chicken breast tenderloins (320 calories) -2 avocados (460 calories) -1 red bell pepper (15 calories) -1 tsp onion powder -1 tsp garlic powder -1 tsp white pepper -1 tsp chicken bullion powder (optional) -Salt and Pepper to taste -4 large romain leaves or whatever large leaf of lettuce you wan