Skip to main content

Delicious Japanese Chicken Curry


So.. my family has not been feeling too great the past few days. We are already getting colds and Summer isn't even over yet *joy*. Anyways.. curry is just one of those comfort foods that makes me feel better. Its warm and just insanely delicious. I felt like we all needed a little comfort with our throats hurting and our noses being stuffed up. This meal is also delicious when you are not sick obviously ☺.

Put 1-2 Tablespoons of canola or vegetable oil in a pot. Then chop up your onions and add them.

Chop up your baby carrots (I cut them into 3rds) and add them to the pot.

Peel, rinse, and chop up your potatoes and add them to the pot.

Then you are going to want to cube up your chicken and add it. I also added a little salt and pepper at this point as well as about a cup of water. Once you add the water put a lid on it to help everything cook and get all nice and tender.

This is what Golden Curry looks like. I bought mine at Walmart, you can get it in the Asian food section by the soy sauce and noodle stuff.

This is what the golden curry looks like out of the box. Its really easy to break up, so break it up ☺

Add it right to your pot as well as a little water.

Mix it well and if needed add more water so its not too thick. You want there to be a little saucyness to it so it mixes well with your rice.. but its also a preference thing.

Seriously.. if you don't have a rice cooker.. get one.. they are worth every penny. I use mine at least once or twice a week.
ENJOY!


Now.. enough with the nonsense.. lets get to cookin!

Serves about 4
Ingredients:

  • 5-6 chicken breast tenderloins (or 3-4 average sized chicken breasts)
  • about half a pound of baby carrots (I used a little under)
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 onion
  • 1 box of Golden Curry
  • olive oil
  • water
  • salt and pepper to taste (I think I used about a tsp of each)
  • cooked rice
Instructions:
  1. First off you are going to want to cut up your onion in to slices and add it to a pot with about 1-2 Tbsp of canola or vegetable oil. Also as you are adding your ingredients you are going to want to stir it occasionally so that none of the veggies or chicken stick to the bottom of the pan. If you need to add a little water.
  2. Chop up your baby carrots in to 3rds and add it to the onions.
  3. Peel, rinse, and chop up your potatoes and add it to the mix.
  4. Cube up your chicken and add it to the mix. 
  5. At this point you are going to want to add about a cup of water and put the lid on your pot. Let everything cook until the chicken is done and the carrots and potatoes are tender. I test mine with a fork. 
  6. Once everything is ready add your curry cubes (the whole pack) and mix well. You will probably need to add water so it isn't too thick. To be honest I think by the time I was done cooking this I had added about 3 or more cups of water from the time I started cooking.. until the time I finished. But it may be more or less depending on how hot you have your stove. Mine seemed to work best right around Medium heat. Anyways, make sure its not liquidy but not too thick so that it wont soak into the rice a little bit when you serve it.
  7. Serve over top of rice and enjoy!
This is a favorite at my house! I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...