Skip to main content

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes.

Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies.




These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG...



So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these.

Makes about 40..ish cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
  • 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Zest from one lemon
  • Juice from half of a lemon 
  • 3 ½ cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Powdered sugar (for rolling balls in, OR use instead of flower for rolling it out for cookie cutters)
Instructions:
  1. First off I use a stand up mixer, but I am sure a hand held one would work just as well. So, mix up your butter and sugar until its creamy. Then add in your eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
  2. Then in a bowl you will want to sift or whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt. Once its mixed up, add it slowly to your sugar mixture. I use a measuring cup and just gradually spoon it in.
  3. Once its well incorporated, place the dough in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator. Now.. this is where you need to pay attention a little. If you want to roll this dough out for cookie cutters. Keep it in the fridge for about 2 hours maybe a little more. If you want to roll it into balls, then you only need to keep it in the fridge for 1 hour. 
  4. Once your dough has been chilled, you can roll it on onto a counter. If you are doing this make sure to sprinkle plenty of powdered sugar so it doesn't stick to the counter or your rolling pin. And simply cut out the cookies. (added note.. spray your cookie sheet.. I forgot and it sucked)
  5. If you are rolling them into balls... then roll them into balls (slightly smaller than a golf ball) and then roll in powdered sugar and place on your cookie sheet.
  6. Either way the cookies get baked at 400° for 8-10 minutes. But no longer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...