Skip to main content

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes.

Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies.




These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG...



So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these.

Makes about 40..ish cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
  • 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Zest from one lemon
  • Juice from half of a lemon 
  • 3 ½ cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Powdered sugar (for rolling balls in, OR use instead of flower for rolling it out for cookie cutters)
Instructions:
  1. First off I use a stand up mixer, but I am sure a hand held one would work just as well. So, mix up your butter and sugar until its creamy. Then add in your eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
  2. Then in a bowl you will want to sift or whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt. Once its mixed up, add it slowly to your sugar mixture. I use a measuring cup and just gradually spoon it in.
  3. Once its well incorporated, place the dough in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator. Now.. this is where you need to pay attention a little. If you want to roll this dough out for cookie cutters. Keep it in the fridge for about 2 hours maybe a little more. If you want to roll it into balls, then you only need to keep it in the fridge for 1 hour. 
  4. Once your dough has been chilled, you can roll it on onto a counter. If you are doing this make sure to sprinkle plenty of powdered sugar so it doesn't stick to the counter or your rolling pin. And simply cut out the cookies. (added note.. spray your cookie sheet.. I forgot and it sucked)
  5. If you are rolling them into balls... then roll them into balls (slightly smaller than a golf ball) and then roll in powdered sugar and place on your cookie sheet.
  6. Either way the cookies get baked at 400° for 8-10 minutes. But no longer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hug in the Middle Brownie Bites!

I came up with this recipe yesterday. I was in the mood for something sweet and chocolaty. I am pretty proud of how this turned out. My whole family DEVOURED them.. I went to grab one an hour after I made them and the whole plate was gone. Yummy chewy brownie on the outside, and delicious melted Hershey hug in the middle. Yes I know .. it isn't the "cleanest" job I have ever done.. sorry This should make 24 if you are using your average mini muffin tin. Ingredients: 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1 cup white sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 eggs 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt 24 Hersheys hugs Instructions: Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all ingredients except for Hersheys hugs together. Mix until very well incorporated. (I know this probably isn't the proper way.,. sorry) Grease your mini muffin tin Fill each spot up almost to the top with your brownie mix. I put

Mama's Chicken Pasta Salad

Mama's Chicken Pasta Salad... seriously the best chicken pasta salad EVER! mmmmmm *drool* I just ate 2 plates of this Sweet and crunchy red bell pepper moist chicken yummy black olives who doesn't like pasta? mayo and sour cream to make it thick and delicious shredded sharp cheddar for a good bite peas for a sweet pop of flavor seasoned to perfection!  mix it mix it mix it all up This is perfect for when the weather is hot and you need something nice to cool you down. This is also the perfect type of thing to bring to a pot-luck. Everyone loves this dish. Ingredients: 1 red bell pepper chopped up 3 medium sized chicken breasts cubed  1/2 can of jumbo black olives sliced up 1/2 pound (half regular sized box) bow-tie pasta 8 oz. sour cream  3/4 cup mayonnaise 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar 1/2 cup to 1 cup frozen peas (depends on how much you like peas.. I usually end up somewhere in the middle. I honestly just dump

Low Calorie Chicken Avocado Salad Lettuce Wrap 200 calories!

So I have been dieting again... We are going on a cruise in November.. and I want to look as awesome as possible. So I have been browsing Pinterest and the rest of the internet trying to find interesting things to eat that aren't high in calories. I happened to find a picture of an avocado chicken salad in a lettuce wrap... and it sounded so good I went to click on the link on Pinterest.. and just my luck.. the link was dead. So I went out to the store and bought some stuff that I thought would taste good together to make it myself. And oh boy did it taste good!!! Okay.. so here is how you make this deliciousness :D Makes 4 servings: only 200 calories for one! Ingredients: -3 chicken breast tenderloins (320 calories) -2 avocados (460 calories) -1 red bell pepper (15 calories) -1 tsp onion powder -1 tsp garlic powder -1 tsp white pepper -1 tsp chicken bullion powder (optional) -Salt and Pepper to taste -4 large romain leaves or whatever large leaf of lettuce you wan