Skip to main content

Low Calorie Chicken Avocado Salad Lettuce Wrap 200 calories!

So I have been dieting again... We are going on a cruise in November.. and I want to look as awesome as possible. So I have been browsing Pinterest and the rest of the internet trying to find interesting things to eat that aren't high in calories.
I happened to find a picture of an avocado chicken salad in a lettuce wrap... and it sounded so good I went to click on the link on Pinterest.. and just my luck.. the link was dead. So I went out to the store and bought some stuff that I thought would taste good together to make it myself. And oh boy did it taste good!!! Okay.. so here is how you make this deliciousness :D


Makes 4 servings: only 200 calories for one!

Ingredients:
-3 chicken breast tenderloins (320 calories)
-2 avocados (460 calories)
-1 red bell pepper (15 calories)
-1 tsp onion powder
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp white pepper
-1 tsp chicken bullion powder (optional)
-Salt and Pepper to taste
-4 large romain leaves or whatever large leaf of lettuce you want to use (5 calories or less)

Instructions:
1. Spray a skillet with some non stick spray and cook your chicken with a little salt and pepper until its cooked all the way through. This should take about 5-7 ish minutes. If they are frozen it will take longer obviously.
2. Once cooked all the way through, chop into cubes and put in the freezer for as long as it takes you to chop up your avocado and bell pepper. If you think it will take long enough that your chicken might get frozen, then put it in the fridge. You just want your chicken salad to be cold.. not yucky warm.
3. Dice up your bell pepper and avocado, and add to your chicken. Now add all your spices to yummy it up!
4. Let the mixture sit covered in the fridge until its as cold as you would like it to be. Then take one of your cleaned large romaine pieces and cut off some of the rough part and wrap up your chicken avocado salad in it! ENJOY!

This is nice and crunchy and refreshing with the cool mixture and the crunchy lettuce and bell pepper. We SCARFED these down at my place. And I felt full after eating just one (which for me is a miracle), but the recipe is very easy to duplicate if you need/want to make more.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...