Skip to main content

Vincent eating a warhead

Ok... so I know I haven't posted on here in a while. I have been crazy crazy busy this month. I have dressed up in Halloween costumes on 6-7 different occasions along with 2 kids. And let me tell ya.. it takes all the energy out of you. This year my son FINALLY was a Hobbit and my girlie pie was a fairy princess!


ANYWAYS... Tonight was Halloween and we did some trick or treating. At first when we went out my little (now 3 year old! He just had his birthday yesterday!) guy, he was so tired he started falling asleep while trick or treating. So I gave him an hour or so to get a second wind and took him out again. He got lots more candy and we came home once he was satisfied. He then preceded to take a nap (which I thought was bedtime) and he woke up at 11:30 at night. SO we are going to be up super super late. BUT it payed off because I got the best belly laugh I have EVER had. Out of all the candy he had in his bucket.. he decided to pick out the warhead. Now, if any of you have ever eaten this candy.. you know it is DISGUSTING! It is THE most sour thing I have ever tasted and I hate them.. I think most people dislike them because they are so freaking sour. Anyways.. I shouldn't have opened it for him.. but the evil part of me wanted to see his reaction. So I gave it to him.. and video taped it... lets just say I honestly don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my entire life.

youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1olXh-c1fW8&feature=youtu.be

So.. I hope you had a good laugh looking at this. I know I shouldn't have.. but I did.

Hobbit boy!

I'm a pirate

Our awesome pumpkins! A minecraft pumpkin face, a Dalek (you better know what that is), a pirate face and stars and diamonds.

Eating some Halloween candy

Happy girl after a quick nap and with her fairy wings and tutu off.


Hopefully now that the craziness of October is over I can get to posting more recipes!
Thanks for reading!

Also I have finally started using Instagram AND Twitter. If you want to follow me here are the links!
Instagram: http://instagram.com/camillesalls
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Vrelyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Sunday Pancakes

This is the recipe my dad used to make us all the time when we were younger. EVERY Sunday he would wake us up early and make us pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We get this special syrup from our family back in Maryland. I don't think they sell it anywhere in Utah. It's a shame.. because this is the worlds most amazing syrup.. I love love love it! My grandparents ship it out to us in boxes because we love it so much. It is definitely my favorite thing to top off the amazing pancakes. Anyways... the recipe! ☺ Ingredients: • 4 cups of flour • 6 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp salt • 2 Tbsp sugar • 4 eggs • 2 ½ cups of milk Instructions: 1. Mix everything together 2. Cook on a skillet or frying pan (whatever works) until bubbly. I find that cooking it on medium heat works best. And as soon as it is getting pretty bubbly just flip it! 3. Top it off with whatever pancake stuff you like and then eat! ENJOY! thanks for reading!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Well, its St. Patricks day... so I decided to try my hand at making corned beef and cabbage. I have never made it before but I was very very pleasently surprised with how it turned out. Corned beef is one of my husbands absolute favorite foods, and he says the way I cooked it was the best he has ever had. I also liked it, especially for my first time ever eating it. Here is how its done! Ingredients: Package of corned beef (you can get it at Walmart, Harmons, Smiths, most grocery stores) Salt Water 1 head of cabbage Instructions: (Now to make your own corned beef from scratch it literally takes 7-10 days to cure.. so that is why I (and most people) buy it packaged.) Take your corned beef and trim off a little bit of the fat on top. Me and my husband both have texture issues.. and it didn't seem to affect how moist the meat was. And honestly you can skip this step if it seems like too much of a pain, all the fat dissolved off anyways. Take a rack (I used a co...

Lemon Sugar Cookies

These little babies are slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly sweet, and are almost under baked in the middle, so it tastes like they are filled. SO GOOD! My family went crazy for these. The whole batch was gone within minutes. Today I decided that it might be fun to use our new clover cookie cutters for St. Patricks day. I couldn't find a sugar cookie recipe that I liked online, so I made up my own... and in the process discovered an AMAZING way to make lemon sugar cookies. These little babies are amazing. Now, this recipe can also be used as a roll out recipe for cookie cutters. But with the leftover dough I decided to roll them into balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.. OMG... So.. here is the recipe for both ways to do it. No joke.. you guys will love these. Makes about 40..ish cookies Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks) 1 ½ cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract Zest from one lemon Juice from half of a lemon  3 ½ ...